Следвайте "Буднаера" в Телеграм

Young people really shouldn't come back to Bulgaria!

kafene.net

Christina Kaspar, Bulgaria

Sir,

Regarding Mr. Hanley's letter and his positive outlook of that country ('Young people should return to booming Bulgaria'):

I am a Bulgarian. Unfortunately I have to say that the young Bulgarian educated in the UK is right. Of course, everybody could argue that the statistics are quite different and that Bulgaria is booming. But I live in this country and my profession gives me the opportunity to enjoy a deeper insight into the situation here.

The statistics say that Bulgaria is booming. Wrong! The business environment in Bulgaria nowadays resembles the one we had in 1996 when nothing was working and we had hyperinflation.

The inflation rate and prices are growing every day and the workforce is doomed to survive on the miserable average salary of 200 euro (if one is lucky enough even to get that, as about 70% of Bulgarians survive on a monthly salary below even this amount).

Prices, on the contrary, are quite "European" - when you pay your monthly bills for electricity, heating, water and phone you have to manage to the end of the month with only about 100 euro, enough to cover only your food. This is how working people live in Bulgaria.

The situation with retired people is even more drastic - the average pension in the country is less than 100 euro!

It is very easy for Mr. Hanley to preach from his foreign Irish point of view. Bulgaria is paradise for foreigners because they can live like millionaires here with their average Western European earnings.

What the MBA graduate says about the way you get employment in Bulgaria is completely

true - if you do not have good acquaintances you cannot achieve anything.

Knowledge and skills in Bulgaria are not respected and the truth is that there is no other hope for the future of young Bulgarians than to leave the country as soon as possible and never come back.

The fact is that the only thing that is really booming in Bulgaria is corruption. It is everywhere - if you go to the doctor, you pay "under the table": if you want to stay alive, of course. Otherwise, nobody will pay you any attention. If you go to the public authorities - you also give "gifts". Otherwise, you will not get any public service on time and without any problem. If you go to the Court - you pay (and believe me it is not the regular state legal fee).

You cannot rely on the fact that law may be on your side. In Bulgarian courts, the law is on the side of the biggest payer. That is how the biggest criminals never go to prison.

They still die young, because there are about 100 major "ordered" (and of course unsolved) killings of well-dressed businessmen in Bulgaria.

Nobody in Bulgaria believes in the EU anymore. The EU cannot solve its own problems and will not help us solve our own. It is the bitter truth coming from everyday experience and not from statistics. Who believes statistics, anyway?

Christina Kaspar
Bulgaria

КАК ПРИЗРАКЪТ НА КОМУНИЗМА УПРАВЛЯВА НАШИЯ СВЯТ

Следвайте "Буднаера" в Телеграм

Ако този материал Ви харесва, помогнете ни да го популяризираме. Благодарим Ви!